One of our sites is affected by negative SEO. In our Google Search Console, we notice that Google has chosen a different domain as the canonical URL. We don't own that domain. How it got there is UNKNOWN.

WRONG Canonical URL FOR https://techcrub.com

How do we fix this?

  • You seem to be indexed fine with the https version of your page. I would verify your https site with Google Search Console and check the page there. – Tony McCreath Dec 14 '19 at 10:22
  • @TonyMcCreath the second site is not ours, did you see that? – iamkingsleyf Dec 15 '19 at 12:22
  • Sorry, what I meant is that you are looking at techrub.com when you should be looking at techrub.com the s in https is important and means you are looking at the wrong property. – Tony McCreath Dec 16 '19 at 22:11
  • Same result even with the HTTPS – iamkingsleyf Dec 18 '19 at 8:22
  • Your home pages content seems to all be generated with JavaScript. I wonder if Google is unable to see that content and therefore struggling to find it as a unique page. Try a live test to see if Google does execute your code and adds the content to the page. I did a mobile friendly test on it and it looks like the code may not be running. – Tony McCreath Dec 20 '19 at 0:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.