I see this on more and more pages. I can't show an example right know, but the widget is a small box sliding in at the right bottom of the page and it usually says "Did you read this?" or something like that and shows an article title.

Is there a name for this widget? Is it a jquery plugin or part of some other javascript library? I'm looking for its name, so I can get more info about it.

  • Can you provide a URL where this script is in use? / Have you looked at the source code for details?
    – danlefree
    Oct 30, 2011 at 15:23

1 Answer 1


You're probably referring to the New York Times slidebox. They were one of the first, or at least highest-profile sites to use the technique. There's a demo here of a plugin someone wrote, with link to Github for source. And here's a tutorial implementing a simple version with just some custom jQuery-based JS.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.