Dreamweaver is a combination of an IDE for PHP, ASP, ColdFusion and a WYSIWYG HTML/CSS editor. Additionally, it allows non-programmers to integrate several basic server-side scripting functions into their pages but often draws criticism for producing bloated code. Recent versions of Dreamweaver come bundled with an AJAX library (Spry) that features several pre-made widgets and other behaviors.
Adobe Dreamweaver (formerly Macromedia Dreamweaver) is a proprietary web development application originally created by Macromedia. It is now developed by Adobe Systems, which acquired Macromedia in 2005.
Dreamweaver is available for Mac and Windows operating systems. It supports folling Languages out of the box:
- Active Server Pages (ASP)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Extensible HyperText Markup Language (XHTML)
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT)
- JavaServer Pages (JSP)
- PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP)
- Visual Basic (VB)
- Visual Basic Script Edition (VBScript)
- Wireless Markup Language (WML)
It supports also WYSIWYG for HTML/CSS.
This is a Screenshot of the Application on a Windows PC: