I have drive
D: where my wamp server 2.2 was on for years and needed to move it to SSD drive
F:. I proceeded like this:
- stopped all wamp services, exited aestryan menu
- copied wamp installation without www (too much junk) folder, from drive
- created fresh www folder copied one WP install in there including original wamp
- used PowerGrep to replace all instances of
- checked all ini/config files ,php, phpMyadmin, aliases, apache, the new drive letter is set.
- Double clicked
- Server started, aestryan menu up, www Directory clicked it pulls correct folder
- went in my browser to localhost
It shows installations from drive
D: (old drive)! What am I missing?
Solution: You MUST reinstallit the wamp, I was hoping on simple move but looks like wamp services map the localhost to the drive you originally installed the wamp on.