I use W3 Total Cache and CloudFlare (free-tier) as my CDN. For whatever reason, my WordPress site still caches the first version of its "Front Page" (not a posts page) for new user sessions, across all browsers and devices. After a few refreshes, though, the most recent front page is rendered. This behavior is still true in incognito.
I have tried the following things:
- Setting CloudFlare to Developer Mode and dumping caches sitewide
- Changing W3 Total Cache's setting to exclude caching both the post page and front page
- Manually dumping W3 Total Cache's caches and setting it to dump caches whenever a post is made
- Fetching as GoogleBot to see what it renders (PageSpeed Insights, this, and other fetches sometimes render the most recent variant and sometimes fetch the homepage from 6 months ago)
- Debugging the site cache in inspect element via the Application tab (admittedly I don't really know what I'm looking for)
I host my site on a Digital Ocean droplet that is running an nginx stack and I'm stumped. How do I debug this kind of an issue?