I moved my website from one domain to another in the last days and now I want to submit these changes to the Google Webmaster Tools.
What does Step 3?
Check that verification methods are still present
This step ensures your new and old sites are properly verified before the > move, and will remain so afterwards.
The odd thing is that I don't get any error message. The little loading icon just doesn't stop.
- I have 4 different accounts in my Webmaster Tools this means 2x www and 2x non-www for each domain (old & new)
- Preferred version is set up on both accounts to www
- The rest is also identical like geographical settings or crawl delay (default)
- Both sites are verified via TXT record, I double checked it via MXToolBox
- Step 2, the 301 redirect test passes, everything okay along this line
- No https involved
- The redirect is handled via Clourflare (Page Rules)
So everything is set up correctly, the redirect works, the verification works etc. but I still can't pass Step 3. Any thoughts or questions about this? Highly appreciate your response!