I have setup a 301 redirect from
https://www.example.com and I have already verified the non-www version.
- How do I verify the www version of my site?
- Can I use the same verification code and method?
Go in your Google Search Console (Webmaster Tools) dashboard and add your www domain (http://www.example.com) as a new domain. Then proceed with the owner verification just like you did with the non-www domain of yours.
If you have not changed your default settings for Virtual Hosts, the directory for both domains remains the same, so you upload the owner verification file at the same place as you did for your non-www domain owner verification.
After that, it is important to set your preferred domain after submitting your www and non-www domain so you have crawled and indexed only one domain by Google Search Engine.
Specify a preferred domain:
1. On the Search Console Home page, click the site you want.
2. Click the gear icon , and then click Site Settings.
3. In the Preferred domain section, select the option you want.
Note: Once you've set your preferred domain, you may want to use a 301 redirect to redirect traffic from your non-preferred domain, so that other search engines and visitors know which version you prefer.