I have to choose between two names (A and B) for my website:
- A is a cool short name which doesn't mean anything;
- B is a longer composition of two words, the former of which signals the topic of the website by using semantic in a way that is congruent.
Since I prefer the A, but I guess that B is more advisable for Google ranking, I wonder if there is a way to use both, by registering the website with the A domain, and separately registering the B domain and use it to redirect toward A only, once a user clicks on it, directly.
Example of scenario
- A user is interested in computers and makes a Google search by typing "computer".
- I hold a website which is focused on computers but is named "
random.com" because I like this name better.
- I want to be visible by the user and therefore I register the domain "
computer.com" and I want that when the user googles "computer", and "
computer.com" possibly is indexed, once he clicks on it the page that opens is "
I wonder if it's possible and by doing so I'd aim to have more possibilities that my website is easily reachable and can gain a better ranking. So ->
- is it possible to use a domain name to redirect to another, directly, once the user clicks on it?