I want to use Google Keyword Planner. This requires an adwords account, which is fine. However, Google redirects me the the Getting Started wizard, which requires that I start an adword campaign and enter billing information, which I'd like to avoid.
How do I skip adwords' getting started wizard?
- This advertisercommunity post says there shold be a menu on the top.
Result: There isn't. I guess adwords changed since 2014.
- Clearing my browser's cache and cookies.
Result: No change.
- this techwyse post says I can click
Skip the guided setupat the first time I login.
Result: This worked for me in a test account
But...: I didn't do that when I logged in using my main account, and now I can't get to that link.
- This tipsandtricksforum post says that you can change the URL - replace
Result: Doesn't work - I still get the create campaign wizard.
- I logged in with my test account, went to preferences, noted the URL. I then logged in with my main account, and entered the preferences URL, editing the
__u=XXX&__c=YYYto match my main accounts'.
Result: I do see the preferences page, including the top-level menu - yay! But selecting keyword planner still rdirects me to the getting started wizard.