Right now my site uses http and has many links to one other website (say https://instagram.com). I would prefer they not see that clicks come from my site.
I also do not want https to be seen anywhere on the website. So this is what I'm planning to do:
- Buy a SSL certificate
- Create https://example.com/redir.php?url=foo (which does the actual redirect)
- Create http://example.com/redir.html?url=foo (which will contain redir.php as an iframe)
- When user clicks a link they're taken to http://example.com/redir.html and they don't see that https is being used
- The destination site uses 100% https. And all their http pages are (301 or 302) redirects to the https page. So I link to their http pages, not https
My questions are:
- Will the http referrer be stripped all the time? I do not want them to see that the clicks are coming from my site 100% of the time (not 99.99%)
- In the redirect file, will using a (https) frame inside (http) html work?
- I need https only for redirect.php, so can I continue to use http everywhere on my site?