I know that are a lot of threads based on this comparison but i still have some questions that are not satisfied. I read that magento uses a lot of resources and it's not appropriate for small shops. I am currently using woocommerce but i am not content with it because it lacks a lot of features for example:
- doesn't have an integrated invoicing system and i can't issues invoices from API
- most of the couriers don't have a platform for it (in my country at least)
- sometimes is very slow(i've done all the possible tweaks)
- i always have a feeling that i can't reside on it
- doesn't have reports out of the box
Of course all of the above can be achieved with plugins, but it's annoying when you must control and update and take care of 20-30 plugins, also slows down the website a lot.
On the other hand, Magento seems to have all this functionalities already in place, but for what i had read, is not appropriate because:
- it's a lot more expensive
- it's harder to customize and maintain (i am a PHP dev so i may learn how to do it)
- it needs a VPS to run correctly(not sure)
- it's particularly used for big shops with 10k+ products
I am not sure all the info above is correct, is what i've found on the internet. Magento also offers another nice functionality, multiple shops inside the same platform. I need to make 1 store of about 2000 products and some stores about 5 10 products.
I especially want to be as automatized as possible, so it doesn't take a lot of time to take care of the invoices, orders etc.
I am interested in finding which options suits me better. Also i want to know if the info above is true and also i would like to hear more about which option to choose and why. The more detailed answer, the better.