How can I check my website's IP address? I heard about some free tools that are available on the internet but don't know anything concrete.
There are multiple ways:
- If you're in Firefox, open the console (F12), go to the tab [Network], click one of the resources. Then on the right there's "External IP".
- When you use FireBug, tab [Net], it'll give you an IP right away
- You could ping it via commandscreens. On Windows, open Startmenu, and enter
ping example.comin the searchinput
- Use an external site to let them check
- Use a DIG to check the DNS values of the site, could be done via MXToolbox or terminals
You can check your website ip with utrace: http://www.utrace.de/?query=nokes.de
The IP can also be queried locally on the computer in command line:
$ nslookup nokes.de or
$ ping nokes.de