I wish to register an .es domain name, but I live in the UK.

Registration seems to require an ID number, but it isn't clear if this is only for Spanish residents.

Am I OK to supply my passport/drivers licence number as a UK resident?


You will be fine. From Wikipedia:

Second-level registrations have had some limitations including requiring registrants to have a connection with Spain, but these restrictions were lifted in a multi-stage process completed by the end of 2005, at which point registrations at the second level of .es were open to anybody worldwide.

  • Presumably this answer applies to individuals and businesses? I'm an individual that plans on making it a business some day.
    – rybo111
    Sep 3 '15 at 7:22
  • 1
    It does. They accept all registrations.
    – John Conde
    Sep 3 '15 at 11:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.