Every source on the web keeps telling me what the cookie law is, but not whether I have to obey it or not. So I'm asking here: who must obey the cookie law?
- Is a website hosted by a server physically located in Europe affected by the cookie law?
- Is a website with a
.ukdomain affected by the cookie law?
- Is a website owned by an European citizen (or a company registered in Europe) affected by the cookie law?
- If it is the case, then what if the European citizen owns the domain name but not the physical server?
- How about the other way round (the citizen owns the server, not the domain)?
- Perhaps, is a website created by a European citizen affected by the cookie law?