I designed a website using a free HTML templates. Up until now I used to trust the free templates I found online...
Recently, one of these websites has received a lot of visits from Russia in a way that is obviously spam (Google Analytics reports that the visits last less than 10 seconds, there are hundreds of them, etc).
I did some research, and I now believe that this is due to some malicious script buried in one of the theme's files that I didn't see while working on implementing them.
Is there a simple way (not through command lines, ideally) to scan the website's files, or a list of the processes which are launched when one accesses the site, to troubleshoot where such malicious code snippet is located?
I already tried to search with text strings in all of the site's files (which are stored in a folder backed up in my computer), using a software called EasyFind that can search within text/html/css files, but I don't know if it looks also into JS files.
I also looked at a couple of webmasters.SE posts but they didn't quite relate.
I also looked into this solution, which I applied, and I am waiting to see if it'll work. But I'm trying to find a way to troubleshoot this kind of spam earlier - maybe while developing the website from a template, so as to kick out the malicious parts of free templates.
The website is here. It's a serious question, and I'm sincerely hoping to get help, so please instead of down-voting, make a comment to improve it. Thanks