As I have had some research, it is a bit hard for domain distributors to set the nameservers to subdomains of the same domain, for example:
- Domain: example.com
- Nameserver 1: ns1.example.com
- Nameserver 2: ns2.example.com
What we are actually do, is the host a VPS for a domain, and we want to use its subdomains (that they are also linked to two separate public IPs) as nameservers.
However it has taken already a month, and we are still having problems. Could anyone suggests:
- Why technically it is so different than of using another domain for nameservers (as in that case it would take around 12 hours)
- Do you suggest to use another domain? If yes please share the technical reasons too.
- What if I use IPs for the nameservers directly?