- CNAME for subdomain does not work - 404 Error
- Redirecting an entire domain to another in one CNAME record [duplicate]
I am facing some problems when trying to redirect a subdomain to another subdomain. Here is the network infrastructure:
- I have a CNAME registred in uolhost.com called mysubdomain1.mydomain1.com;
- the CNAME (mysubdomain1.mydomain1.com), is pointing to mysubdomain2.mydomain2.com, which is hosted by GoDaddy;
- When I use the ping command on mysubdomain1.mydomain1.com, I see that the redirection is working just fine, pointing to the IP of mysubdomain2.mydomain2.com;
- When I type into my browser mysubdomain2.mydomain2.com, the correct site is shown;
- But when I type mysubdomain1.mydomain1.com, I get a 404 error from GoDaddy;
Seems that they are working with more then one site per host, and the subdomain don't get properly resolved.
GoDaddy suggested to create a 301 redirect, but this will show that the user has been redirected in the browser.
I want any solution that masks the mysubdomain2 as mysubdomain1, is that possible?