This page features the six utm parameters you can send from an external link to a page via Google Universal Analytics.
And I'm still a little bit confused on the relations between these parameters for a click on a URL to my website:
Click Here to see the larger version on imgur - Click it again after the link to see the larger version.
To explain the diagram above,
- Inside the blue rectangle:
- White rectangles utm parameter values I think I understand
- Red rectangles indicate utm parameter values I'm having issues understanding or more specifically categorizing the values they should have.
- Rectangles, red or white, represent utm parameters and their possible example values:
- utm parameter names: Listed in bold at on the header of the rectangle.
- utm possible values for that parameter: Listed in non-bold under the rectangle.
- Outside the blue rectangle:
- White notes indicate the definition of the parameter as I understand it from this page.
- Yellow notes with the string "WTF" in them indicate questions I have about parameter names whose definition I find unclear, and are connected to them via a dotted arrow.