I have migrated my website from a shared hosting to VPS in order to enable the VisualEditor extension on my MediaWiki website but I am not able to make it work.
Secondly, I have installed VisualEditor for MediaWiki 1.24, as I have upgraded to MediaWiki 1.24.1, and I have configured it to connect to http://example.com:8000 and "localhost".
I think that the setup is right because when I click on "edit", from the shell, I see that the rendering starts and finishes. However, the only thing I see is the progress bar indicating that the VisualEditor interface is loading and it doesn't change.
From what I see, I think that Parsoid is properly installed but I don't know if the problem is with the VisualEditor extension or some other extension/configuration/whatever is preventing the VisualEditor interface from loading. I have tried to disable all other extensions and the situation is the same. With a previous installation (MediaWiki 1.23.6 and the VisualEditor for 1.23 with Parsoid extension was the same).