Google is not crawling my website. I want to be in the search results as soon as possible. How do I get Google to crawl faster?
You're not the only website on the internet. You're not more important than everybody else, just wait your turn.
You can help them though, by some methods:
- Make sure your
- Make sure your
- Upload your sitemap via Google Webmaster Tools
- Try to get backlinks to your site, they find you sooner
- Get internal linking to standards so when they do visit, they find all pages
- Keep your content up to date and fresh
These things take time, think among the lines of 1 to 2 weeks.
The answer is kinda simple: Freshen your content, get comments + discussions, get returning users on the site. Google can speed up the crawl rate and time to index significantly.
Look at popular forums, often it takes less than 10 minutes for a post to make it into index even when the forum has millions of posts. Popular blog or ecom is similar, I've seen content to index in less than 2 hours for some larger sites of that nature.
The logic is that if your site is full of static pages that never change, Google knows it would be a waste of time to hit for fresh indexes every hour. You may see them visit once a day in this case. Whereas if your site is full of commented on pages that are part of a more dynamic discussion (or content often updated), it will send out the bots far more frequently. It might even start to send more bots to help so that its always being crawled by some
66.249.xxx.xxx IP nonstop all day and night.
You could try to speed up indexation of your website by submitting a unique video on youtube. It should be related to your website and the main keywords you would like to target and, obviously, it should provide some value to the prospective viewers. YouTube videos can help you in your case because videos can go viral within a very short amount of time (provided that they are of good quality and provide value to your prospective visitors), and they help you enrich your website with something else than just text copy and pictures.
There are few steps through which you can increase the rate Google crawl:
- Update your website content on a regular basis
- Create a sitemap
- Do not use duplicate content
- Reduce your site loading time
- Prohibit access to unwanted page to Google via robots.txt
- Optimize and monitor Google crawl rate via Google webmaster tools
- Use pinging service
- Submit your site to online directories