I recently worked on getting my company on Google maps because some unknown person marked our location somewhere way off, which caused a lot of trouble for our interview candidates!
So here is what I did:
- By mistake I created a Google My Business account and a page on my personal account, and verified it by postcard.
- Then when I got access to
email@example.comI used my personal account and made
- I changed a small spelling error in the address and this time verified by our land-line company phone number.
After waiting a week "for the review of pending edits" I got:
Your page has been blocked since it has been identified as possible spam. To unblock your page, please verify it.
My problems are:
- When I click the Verify button, all the it does is refresh the page!! Seriously, it just reloads the page! Is that how it's supposed to be?
- Where is the duplicate? How do I find this so called duplicate? When I Google for "my company" I get the location on Google maps, but no Google Business Page.
How can I straighten this out?
Update: So what I ended up doing was hitting the Contact Button on Google support, then going and saying "My business has a physical storefront" even though it doesn't, and then later that day the support guys called me and cleared things up. However, my page is still "pending review" and has a yellow bar on the top. The support guy said it'll take 2-3 days but can take up to 2 weeks for it to go live.