If I have a website of about 200 pages and most of the links will be inevitably changing, what is the faster way to redirect them (fastest not in terms of how quickly I can do it, but in terms of the minimal load on the server)?
I have also made a differentiation between creating "RewriteRule"(s) that might redirect 20 links, versus using only the "Redirect" path commands.
Here are the different options that I see:
- Within a Wordpress plugin
- .htaccess RewriteRule when possible
- .htaccess Redirect always
- vhost .conf RewriteRule when possible
- vhost .conf Redirect always
I assume it is option 4, but I haven't found a very definitive answer online.