My websites are now available over HTTPS, but I don't want to make that the default at this point:
- My canonical URLs are still HTTP and I'm not ready to make the SEO switch
- My certificates are SNI certificates that have very good browser support, but it isn't perfect. Some of my users still use older browsers that would be unable to access the HTTPS site.
Is there some way of getting only users that have preference for HTTPS move over? I'm looking for something along these lines:
- A header that users send to my site that indicate they prefer secure connections based on a browser preference.
- A meta tag or header that I can include on my page that says "Also available on HTTPS" that causes browsers to switch protocols when users have expressed a preference for HTTPS
- Something that will tell the HTTPS Everywhere browser plugin that it can do its job for my site.