I currently have .co.uk with name.com who do not provide a .uk domain. Is there anyway I can register a .uk domain with a different provider for this domain?

  • You have to transfer the domain to a register who does offer uk reg
    – themihai
    Aug 29, 2014 at 1:55
  • @mihai thats not correct
    – DD.
    Nov 12, 2014 at 23:41
  • how is that? Last time I've checked they all asked me to transfer them the .co.uk domain.
    – themihai
    Nov 12, 2014 at 23:45
  • See my answer...try names.co.uk
    – DD.
    Nov 19, 2014 at 12:21

2 Answers 2


Some registrars will allow you to register the .uk by verifying ownership of the .co.uk address. For example, I registered the address medexpress.co.uk with name.com who do not offer .uk domains. I registered the medexpress.uk with names.co.uk, after supplying verification that I own medexpress.co.uk.

However, some registrar's such as 123-reg would not allow me to register the .uk address without transferring the .co.uk address.


Yes, you can register it, just register the .uk at another registrar.

  • Not all registrars will let you do this. e.g. 123-reg will not register a .uk address if you do not have the .co.uk address with them.
    – DD.
    Nov 19, 2014 at 12:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.