At first I must apologize, because I am not sure if this question is valid for webmasters topic. I deal with the problem as being webmaster, however, i think this question is more related with marketing. Nevertheless, I was searching for marketing stack-overflow at meta stack-overflow and did not find such page.
Four days ago, I launched a portal with database of barber salons at which people can find a salon through various criterions, see its photos, details, and also put a comment with their own opinion. The development took me half a year and it took me other 2 months to fill the database with information about barbers (I've also hired another three people to this job).
I have not a big problem with getting people to my portal, I pay for PPC, comment on barber discussions etc.. In past four days I've reached a satisfactory number of visitors.
I deal with fact that everyone wants to search and read comments, but no one is willing to put her/his own opinion to barber.
So I've tried following (2 days ago):
- Made comment anonymous, no one has to be afraid of compromise her/his identity with a salon owner
- I prepared a competition for users in which they can win a cosmetic package if they comment on at least three different salons
- I payed for PPC campaign on facebook which is telling people about the competition
- I registered competition on 20 portals for competitions
And the result:
- People are commenting on facebook that the competition is a good idea
- They are giving likes on facebook
- But no one put a single comment to a barber salon
I am getting little confused about what am I doing wrong. I will be thankful for any advice.