There exists lot of information on the web and on stackoverflow regarding configuring SSL on Tomcat but it's still confusing and things have not worked for me. I have received two files from the certificate authority x.
- Root certificate (crt format)
- Actual certificate (crt format)
- Type2 certificate (crt format)
Using OpenSSL the files have been converted to .pem format. Question is what are the following property values.
- SSLCertificateFile=? (is it actual certificate in .pem format)
- SSLCACertificateFile=? (is it root certificate in .pem format)
- Is it a grouping of all the certificates (read somewhere that you need to add all the files BEGIN - END BEGIN - END)?
- If yes then what order?
- SSLCertificateKeyFile=? (Now the most confusing part)
- I know that it is a private key but how is it created? And from which crt files is it created?)
Any one who has been able to figure out what is what?