I have a Google Custom Search Engine (CSE) with one "site". Adding a second site gives me fewer hits. Removing the second site gives me back the hits I had with only one site.
What is going on there?
I add the sites with XML to be sure of what I am doing, like below:
<Annotations> <Annotation about="site1url" score="1"> <Label name="_cse_MYID" /> </Annotation> <Annotation about="site2url" score="1"> <Label name="_cse_MYID" /> </Annotation> </Annotations>
UPDATE: Here are instructions for anyone who wants to test:
Add these two sites to a new custom search engine (https://www.google.com/cse/): www.zotero.org/groups/from_some_psychologists/items/itemKey/* www.zotero.org/groups/minding_my_mitochondria_terry_wahls/items/itemKey/*
food(you will get 2 hits)
- Now delete the first site from the custom search engine.
- Search for
foodagain (you will now get 19 hits)
I posted the question also to Google Product Forums > Google Custom Search: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/customsearch/indexing-and-results/8Qs60jdiFZQ
UPDATE 3: I previously thought that the hits when having both sites were always only from the second site. That was wrong (so I removed the part saying so).