I've spent a while guessing and googling, and haven't found an answer. In the past I setup my forums to send via my Gmail account, but spambots with fake emails have flooded my inbox, so I setup email@example.com with Zoho mail. Zoho works great, but I need to have my installation of phpbb3 send mass emails through the smtp.zoho.com mail server, and I can't figure out what settings I should use. The instructions on https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/pop-access.html are a little vague for anything that doesn't auto-detect the exact settings.
STEP 1. Check your host can send SMTP mail over SSL
To send emails using ZOHO your web host must have enabled SASLv2 and STARTTLS installed, you may need to contact your web server host to double check.
STEP 2. Enabling POP3
You need to enable POP access of the Zoho Mail account, to start accessing the account in other POP clients. You can enable POP access for all emails from the beginning or from the particular day.
- Log in to https:\www.zoho.com\mail
- Click Settings >> Mail >> Email Forwarding POP and IMAP.
- Under POP Access select one of the options below
- Enable - Enable POP access for all emails in the account.
- Enable from now on – Enable POP access for emails that arrive from the time the user enables POP access.
- Click Save for the changes to be effective.
STEP 3. Adding the details to PHPBB3
- Use SMTP server for e-mail: Yes
- SMTP server address: ssl://smtp.zoho.com
- SMTP server port: 465
- Authentication method for SMTP: LOGIN
- SMTP username: Your Username
- SMTP password: Your Password
STEP 4 (Optional). Finding Errors
If any any point you get stuck you should seek help from the error log, normally found in
Admin Control Panel > Maintenance tab > Error log.