My company has build a webshop (for jewels and watches in case that matters). We got contacted by another site, a shop-in-shop.
The shop-in-shop site does the following:
- Collects feeds from different shops and present those products (1)
- You can browse those products per category, similar products sorted together
- When you click a product, you get a 'preview', a fancybox-like div with img and a price (2)
- When you click
buythey redirect the user to the productpage of the webshop offering it
(1) I don't know how they decide to show which product if multiple shops offer the save, asume all shops provide unique products
(2) It's not an iframe, so it's not a subpage or something (in case of duplicate content)
I'm worried this might backfire, but a.t.m. I can't really think of something that will effect negatively, and the increase in backlinks and pagevisits is positive.