We are unable to use the In-Page Analytics report in Google Analytics because our site now redirects to a URL which is different from what is in our Account setting. Are there any workarounds which will give us the In-Page Analytics and not impact our history data?
All I can really suggest is duplicating the website at another location but minus the domain redirect so that you can use this to view past in-page analytics on the old website.
- Purchase a new domain and set up the web hosting.
- Duplicate the website on this new domain and database.
- Make sure you NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW the duplicated website.
- Stop the redirect on this duplicated website so it does not redirect to your other domain.
- Password protect the domain with
.htaccess. (Learn how here).
- Modify your GA property to track with the same UA on both domains. (Learn how here).
Come to think of it actually, I'm not even sure in-page analytics in GA will give you an option to show for different domains (even though GA supports cross-domain tracking). Hmm.