How to find web hosting that meets my requirements?
We're looking for a good place to host our custom Django app (a fork of OSQA) and its postgresql backend. Requirements include:
- Python 2.6 or (ideally) Python 2.7
- Django 1.2
- Postgres 8.4 or later
- DB backup/restore handled by the hoster, not us
- OS & dev-platform-stack patching/maintenance handled by the hoster, not us
- SSH access (so we can pull source code from GitHub, so we can install python eggs, etc.)
- ability to set up cron jobs (e.g. to send out dail email updates)
- ability to send up to 10K emails/day
- good performance (not ganged up with a zillion other sites on one CPU, not starved for RAM)
- FTP or SCP access to web logs
- dedicated public IP
- SSL support
- Costs under $1000/month for a relatively small site (<5M pageviews/month)
- Good customer service
We'd really prefer a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering, like Heroku offers for Rails apps, where all we need to worry about is deploying our code instead of worrying about system software patching and maintenance. Google App Engine is closest to what we're looking for, but they don't offer relational DB access (not yet at least).
Anyone have a recommendation?