Is there a way that we can measure performance for a host provider? If so, I would like to start this post as a wiki for everyone to chime in regarding their hosting provider. (I want to change but would like to make more of an informed decision.)
- Post comments to the Question regarding ways to measure performance.
- Vote for comments to the Question.
- Based on comments I'll edit the Question so that we'll agree to use a particular technique or tool to measure performance.
Once we've decided on the technique or tool...If you want to contribute a measurement for a host provider...
- If an answer/measurement for your host provider exists add your measure as a comment to that answer.
- If an answer/measurement for you host provider does not exist, create a new answer, list that host provider along with your measurement.
(Note: perhaps different packages for the same hosting company should be different answers...ex: Media Temple Grid Service and Media Temple Dedicated Virtual should be listed as separate Answers)