I have a module in my site which can be accessed like
This module has pagination.
In the first page i have two paragraphs which describe about the site. This will appear in all pages and pagination links can be crawled.
So page 1 will have two para and a set of listing and page 2 will have the same para with totally different set of listing.
So here the paragraph is duplicated were as the listing below the paragraph are nonidentical that is they are unique for all pages.
Also the title tag and description are duplicated for all pages....
Assuming that I am adding page 2, page 3 to title tags and description... will it make a difference... will that too be considered duplicate content... (because only the words page 2 are page 3 is extra in the title and description of all pages... The rest of the title text ares same... like 'once upon a time page 1' for first page and once upon a time page 2 for the second page and so on.
I assume to following to not to be penalized by search engines as duplicate.
- I can make that paragraph appear only in first page and I can hide for all other pages
- If I do the above then the title, description will be duplicate though I add extra text like 'page 2' in the title and description and in the content above the to para
- Or instead of the above 2 points i can use canonical URL for pagination.
This this correct? besides my questions are:
- Can I have duplicate title tags while using canonical URL?
- While using canonical URL and duplicate content in title with the string 'page 2'... will it makes a difference. for example the title is 'once there lived a king' and then other pages will have 'once there lived a king page 2', etc...
- If using canonical URL can I have a paragraph in all pages or should I show it on only first page to prevent duplicate content.
- Of I am not using canonical URL and showing the same static para in all pages with different listing and 'page 2', page 3 in title... will it become duplicate content?
I hope this makes sense, if you find anything is confusing then please specify in comments so that i will update my question according to your suggestion.