I am getting a mixed response on targeting broad match vs exact match keywords in Google keywords tool for organic seo campaign.
- some say that its not possible to target a broad match keyword using on page seo optimisation.
- some say you can only receive that [exact match] search volume of the keyword and not the broad match search volume.
- others say that broad match can be targeted but you may likely to end up with non relevant traffic.
How does it work exactly? Is it possible to target and rank for a broad match keyword? Or do I end up targeting traffic for the exact match version of it?
- how to buy a phone - broad match - 50,000,000 search volume
- [how to buy a phone] - exact match - 500 search volume
If I target broad match "how to buy a phone", will I get 50,000 visitors or do I end up with 500?