I found this information from this website: https://www.virtacoresupport.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=134
- Login to webmin.
- Click on the Servers Icon once and wait for it to load fully.
- On that page, locate the BIND DNS Server link and click on it (assume you install BIND version).
- On the BIND DNS Server page, click on the Create a new master zone and wait for the page to load fully.
Now, the loaded page will show you a form asking for the following:
Zone type: Forward
Domain name / Network: Enter in your domain name(without the www)
Records file: Automatic
Master server: ns1.yourdomain.com (note... this ns should be the one you created atyour domain registrar)
Email address: //email@example.com// (as long as this is your valid email address)
Leave everything else as it is and press on the Create button.
After you have done that, you should
be in the Edit Master Zone for your newly added domain. Find Name
Server (1) and click on it so that you can add another name server.
In Add Name Server Record page, there is a form there asking for the
Zone Name: yourdomain.com. (remember there is one dot . at the end of your domain name).
Name Server: ns2.yourdomain.com. (this should be your second name server which you have created at your domain registrar.)
Leave everything else as it is and click on the Create button.
Ok, you have already added your domain name in BIND and now you need
to point your domain name to a valid IP address by doing the
- Go to Edit Master Zone page for your domain and click on Address and a form with the following fields will be loaded:
Name: yourdomin.com. (remember the ending dot) Address: your assigned
- Leave everything else as it is and click on the Create button.
Do the above step for your name servers (e.g. the two name servers
which you have created at your domain registrar)?
Name: ns1.yourdomin.com. (remember the ending dot) Address: your
assigned IP address (the one you assigned when creating this name
server at your domain registrar)
Do the same for your ns2.yourdomain.com. ns1/ns2.yourdomain.com are
just an example.
If you need to make your domain email to work, this step is important:
- Click on the Mail Server link in your Edit Master Zone for your domain then a form will be loaded asking for the following:
Name: yourdomain.com. Mail Server: yourdomain.com. Priority: 10
(should be good enough)
* Leave everything as it is and click on the Create button.
If you need other people able to reach your domain site with www in
- Create a new Name Alias which can be found in your domain Edit Master Zone page. The form will ask you for the following:
Name: www.yourdomain.com. (again... remember the ending dot) Real
Name: yourdomain.com. (remember the dot)
- Once you have done all of the above, you have to start/restart NAME/BIND by going to the Module Index page for BIND then scroll all
the way down and find for either Apply Changes or Start Named button.