My setup consists of:
- a XAMPP 1.7.7 installation, with Apache configured to listen to port
- dyn.com to make the projects accessible from the web (
8080shows up as 'open' when checking with http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports )
- various PHP/Ajax/etc projects stored in folders inside
xamppfolder, phpMyAdmin and MySQL are password-protected
When trying to access any of the projects using dyn.dns URLs (
http://mydomain.dyndns-ip.com/crypt ), I get a web page with something like
Object Not Found
The requested URL '/crypt' was not found on the RomPager server.
Adding the port number (
http://mydomain.dyndns-ip.com:8080/crypt ) will result in "The connection has timed out" pages.
However, all the projects work when loaded with a localhost URL (
- accessing the root dyn.com URL asks me to log in to my router
- when clicking the "Admin" button for Apache on the XAMPP control panel, it opens
http://localhost/xampp/- instead of
I think this might have something to do with password-protecting the
but there doesn't seem to any automatic way of "undo"-ing the security changes,
and I don't know how to do that manually. Any pointers in troubleshooting this issue would be appreciated.