I'm looking for code or advice on how to get an RSS feed (or equivalent stream of data) of photos from one or more Facebook Pages and User Profile pages.
This is for a friend who wants to show their photos from their Facebook profile and page on their own website. This means that they would only have to load new photos up once, on Facebook and this feature would automate showing them elsewhere.
Some technical conditions:
- Privacy settings: The photographs would obviously be public in Facebook to enable them to be available externally
- I understand that some procedure for registering with Facebook Developer site to get an Application id might be involved
- Each picture should have the following data in the feed:
- The direct URL of the image
- The title
- The album it is from
- The user or page that it is from
- The data of upload
- Also in the feed would be the album notes and location
I'm aware of Wordpress Fotobook plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/fotobook/ that claims similar functionality (haven't tried it yet). However I think it would be better to have a generic version that could be used with any website technology, for my case the preference would be Drupal. A generic functionality would be output the feed as an RSS.
I'm considering writing the code myself but thought I would find out what is already out there.