I launched a new website a a few months ago, but I have not been able to get it to show up any higher than the 5th page on any searches that don't include the exact company name. There is clearly some large penalty against this site, I just have not been able to confirm what it is, or how to fix it.
I suspect this issue is that the client split his company so that there are now two websites that do business under 2 separate names out of the same building. His old website still SEOs well, it's just the new one that is doing terribly. Originally, the company provided all services under the business name Alternative Signs which uses the website
https://alternativesigns.com/. However, the offshoot company, Sign Partners of Louisiana, uses the website
https://signpartnersoflouisiana.com/, and the plan is to split up services such that one company handles local business and the other handles regional and national clients. The first company is in Suite C and the Second is in Suite D of the same building. I've never heard of this causing issues, but it's the only thing strange I can think about that is happening here.
These sites seem to SEO similarly in other search engines like DuckDuckGo and Bing, the problem seems to only effect SERPs on Google.
I've ruled out the following common issues:
- Search engine visibility is enabled.
- Headers and Titles are properly set.
- Alt text is set on most images.
- Google is not reporting any Mobile Usability issues
- Load times are good (site uses a caching plugin)
- It has a valid SSL
- It's sitemap and breadcrumbs validate without error
- There are no Manual Actions or Security issues listed against it in Google Search Console
- The Google Business profile is registered and error free
- Content is not stale: Site gets minor updates every week.
Sign Partners of Louisiana does not yet feature much in the way of links-backs or reviews; so, I would not be surprised if it ranked a bit under the other website in most cases at this point, but it's showing up way too low for relatively specific searches like "Sign Company New Orleans, LA" for me to think this is the problem.
So, does having having two similar companies in a different suite numbers like this negatively impact Google SEO, and if not what am I missing that is causing my SERPs to tank so badly?