(I have a created a new container to test the stuff below as the original one is too complex with many tags for various campaigns/analytics)
So I have 3 tags
- a GA4 tag
- a UA tag (I used "enable overriding settings in this tag" to input my UA ID)
The 3 tags above uses a trigger that fires using a "DOM ready" event.
- In tag assistant, it seems none of my tags were supposedly triggered (see screenshot link below)
- I got the JS alert on the website preview.
- for my GA4 tag, I can see this line (https://www.google-analytics.com/g/collect?v=2&tid=G-GA4-ID-HERE) when viewing browser developer tools => network tab
- My UA tag never showed up like in no.3. I am assuming that a similar call will be made but using my UA ID.
- I tried with and without "include debug signal in the URL". It does not make a difference.
- I tried disabling the GA4 tag. And while I cannot see no.3 in browser developer tools => network tab, I still cannot see the UA.
Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Thanks!
links to screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/V4NCMXv