I created a sitemap (which is generated dynamically) and routed to it using reverse-proxy in Nginx. I uploaded the URL to the Google search console. I got an error right away as seen in the picture. "Sitemap is HTML"
After digging around a while it appeared our pre-renderer had picked up the request and served to google a pre-rendered version of the XML file, thus in Html.
But even after fixing this, making sure no request for sitemap.xml goes to our pre-renderer google still, gives the same error message.
I have tried removing it and adding it again in the search console multiple times on different days, I have tried waiting, I have tried serving it with another name (sitemap2.xml), and I have tried adding an actual XML file instead of the dynamic one. Nothing works!
I have verified the XML file after I disabled the pre-renderer on multiple other sites and everyone gives me an "ok". It's as though it's ignoring my requests to re-check the file.
Sitemap location: https://www.tirex.se/sitemap.xml