We have to add SEO capabilities to our full client side rendered SPA.
We already did all the heavy lifting regarding the refactoring to make it SEO optimized. (History mode for routing, all crawlable links, proper robots.txt, proper head tags, sitemap.xml, ...)
Everything seems pretty fine regarding all the docs we could find online about SEO with SPAs. However, when testing our urls we are hitting some troubles:
- In Google Search Console, the URLs fail the live test
- In dnschecker.org, the HTTP response Headers Check returns a 404 for all our routes
- Only the root URL is responding OK If I open directly any URL in any browser with incognito mode, everything works as expected.
We are hosting the application on an Azure Storage container for static delivery. The entry point is properly set to index.html, the errors entry point also at index.html. We also set a redirect rule from http requests to https.
We thought it might be an URL rewrite sorta thingy, but we couldn't find anything relevant.
Any lead would be awesome !