For almost an year I have been getting users to a particular page which does not exist in my website. This page for sure is not an internal link and my website runs on WordPress.
My site is almost spammed with users coming to these links. I'm unable to identify the source of these links.
For now I have added a htaccess redirect rule to redirect this path to the homepage.
Things I tried:
- Search google for the page
apmaserp/home1.aspxbut no search result of the same
- In Acquistion --> All traffic --> Referrals I found a website
apmas.lkwith similar name but this website does not exist
- Searched domain registry to find details of this domain, but domain does not exist.
- Verified Google search console --> Links to see the linking pages and no trace there either.
- Checked the web access logs of last 2 days and not even a keyword of the 404 URL.
I need help to
- Find out what is the source of these URLs
- Any thing I can do to stop these users from unnecessarily overloading my server causing downtime.
- When could such things happen ?
Is it possible that someone is misusing my Google analytics script and sending pageviews to the above URL ? Is that even possible ?