My website has 100,000 URLs with auto-generated content and I'm suffering from thin content (drop in ranking and alerts of duplicate content in Google Search Console).
I want now to exclude those URLs with a very-low number of visits, compared with the rest of the website. My strategy would be:
- I'll keep the contents, just because some people access those URLs from other webpages, and it may be useful for them
- I'll insert 'noindex' in the headers of those URLs to be excluded
- I will not insert nofollow links to the excluded URLs (I'll mantain the dofollow links), since I want Googlebot to crawl them to discover that they are noindex
- I will not include the excluded URLs into the robots.txt, since I want Googlebot to crawl them to discover that they are noindex
- I'll remove the excluded URLs from the sitemaps
I would like to know your opinion.