I have a little different situation compared to most other questions which asks for hreflang and canonical tags for country specific version of websites.
This is an SEO related question and I was hoping to get some insight on your recommendations.
- We have an existing Australian website - say - ausnight.com.au
- now we want to launch a UK version of this website - the domain is - uknight.co.uk
- please note, we are not only changing from .com.au to .co.uk.... but the base domain name as well changed - from ausnight to uknight
- as you can understand, the audience for both websites is different.
Both websites has most pages same with same contents.... the questions I have is -
1) Should we put canonical tag on the new website pages?
2) If we don't put canon tag on new website pages, what is the impact on the SEO ranking of current website?
3) I believe we need to put hreflang tag on both websites to tell google that we have another language version (en-au vs en-gb) of the same page. Is this correct?