0

I had (I think) version 1.23 because that's what the auto-installer on my host put there. So I uploaded the files for 1.31 and ran the update.php script. The site seemed to run fine until I tried to save an edit, at which point it gave me this error:

enter image description here

I disabled all the extensions, which stopped the error, and then re-enabled them one by one, and discovered that the two that caused errors were Spam Blacklist and Title Blacklist. I confirmed that they were the most recent versions, so that isn't the problem. Is anyone aware of this issue?

  • Chances are you are using mismatching core and extension versions. Use the same release branch for everything. – Tgr Feb 2 at 8:50
  • I uploaded the version of Title Blacklist specifically for 1.31 and uncommented the extension, and it promptly had an error. It turns out that the extension folder didn't have any of the PHP files in it. It did have them in the "includes" folder. So I changed the link in LocalSettings. There was no error, but the Version page showed it wasn't even detecting the extension at all. Even copying the PHP files from Includes to the extension root folder (and reverting LocalSettings) didn't help. – JClaussFTW Feb 3 at 4:56
  • Most extensions these days need to be registered with wfLoadExtension. – Tgr Feb 3 at 8:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.