I have read the Google recommendation by Mueller, Ohye, Kupke for making infinite scrolling SEO compatible, but I don't think it applies to a page with constantly changing listings?
My Questions/if you can confirm/comment:
- Because my listing page content is constantly changing, Mueller's recommendation is not useful at all, as it requires content to be constant for at least weeks at a time?
- I have read indexers cannot mimic user actions like scrolling, therefore the user action of infinite scrolling will not be picked up and only the first page is indexed. Then only the first set of Listing HREF links will get indexed?
- My infinite scroll strategy essentially uses a load more button below the viewport, that gets triggered as you reach the bottom and eventually expose the button. Will the indexer not look for this button past the viewport and keep on 'clicking it'? And then keep indexing the new individual HREF links? Or is the load more button completely ignored?
- Then how do you make something like this SEO friendly - if all you want indexed are the details when clicked, not the listing page?
- How does Quora and many other similar sites with user added content do it (that don't use pagination)?
Thanks in advance.