- Should Geo-targeting Subdomains have their own dedicated Social Media Profiles?
There is no particular answer for this and totally depends on the vision you have for the website. we create/use dedicated Social Media Profiles for Brand Awareness and helping customers have updates on what's going on.
- Does Dedicated Social Media Profiles for Geo-targeting Subdomains help SEO rankings?
The answer is NO. There is no concrete evidence that Social Signals or relevancy are shared for a website just by creating dedicated Social Media Profiles. Instead, there is a general motive that the rankings fluctuate and tend to favor those, who have higher shares for their target URLs.
Keeping all other ranking factors aside, a post containing URL1 with higher number of shares might rank better than a post with similar context containing URL2.
- To help each Subdomain, rank within their targeted locations, would it be better practice to assign each Subdomain a Geographic orientated Social Media profile rather than one generic profile?
Yes, this is generally a good practice. Users would like to have content served in their native language unless your target is International Audience.
- What are the advantages of maintaining dedicated Social Media Profiles?
- Serve native-language dedicated content to your customers
- Share offers or posts exclusive to the specific country
- Have a handle that can serve customer requests for locations in specific country
- Maintain language-based relevancy for users and Search Engines
- Have a better possibility of ranking your Geo-targeted domain when you have higher engagement in terms of shares for your particular landing pages
- What are the disadvantages of maintaining dedicated Social Media Profiles?
- If your business is small, the work to maintain dedicated Social Media Profiles becomes much higher
- Frequent Updates are needed to have engagement rates. If there are no frequent updates, it is better to have a generic page that can be shown to the users
- If you have a good vision for the website and will grow big, having dedicated handles will definitely help you
- If you are just starting out, you can have a generic page and then expand to country-specific pages when your business grows or you cannot handle all requests or maintain relevancy on the generic page