https://www.example.com/landing-1 ranking for "landing-1" keyword.
I have created
 https://www.example.com/landing-2 page for "landing-2" keyword.
When I observed my rankings in google, the  page started ranking for "landing-1" keyword. How do I fix this?
- Sitemap is created correctly to differentiate URLs for Google Bot, has been submitted and crawled successfully.
- On-page optimization with respect to keywords on both landing pages have been done
- This issue occurs frequently when trying to create sub-pages or power-pages linking to the target landing page.
- I have gone through this answer "Google is indexing wrong page for search terms not on that page", not helpful or relevant for my scenario.
- I am looking for any possible fixes other than above, if any to not let my rankings drop for the main page. (When the sub-pages or power pages are created, the ranking shifts from the main landing page to the newly created page for a long period of time, which affects the traffic, lead flow and conversion.)