So I have a bit of experience as a web master, but am at my whits end trying to find out what is caching my site. I cannot see any updates I make for the life of me.
What I've tried:
- Clear Application Storage in Chrome Dev tools
- Purged Cache in Cloudflare Dashboard
- Enabled Dev Mode in Cloudflare Dashboard
- Double checked that it is being pulled from the network in chrome dev tools - it is.
- Added the following settings / headers to my nginx server config:
add_header Last-Modified $date_gmt; add_header Cache-Control 'no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate, max-age=0'; if_modified_since off; expires off; etag off; proxy_no_cache 1; proxy_cache_bypass 1;
I also have disabled the proxying/caching through cloudflare completely now.
I've tried renaming my index page to index2.php, for example - and then I am served the brand new version. So I am sure I am working in the correct directory, etc.
Any other hints as to what could possibly be caching my page?
I am not running Varnish or Squid or anything like that.
EDIT: I have tried copying and creating a new web root directory. That worked once, but then that version was also cached somewhere and can no longer be updated.
EDIT2: Okay so its definitely server-side somewhere, and not nginx - what else could be caching it there? Like I said I'm not running any sort of Squid or Varnish type proxy or anything.