I have a blog website coded by me (not Wordpress or any). I'd like to automatically notify Google (and other search engines like Bing, Yahoo...) each time I add a new post.
From my prospective I see the following ways to do it:
- Add my site to Google Analytics (actually I doubt that this will help to index my site at all),
- Add my site to Google Webmasters Tools (same doubts untill I will upload Sitemap)
- Submit new sitemap with
http://www.bing.com/ping?sitemap=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.example.com/sitemap.xmlfor Bing (unfortunately I wasn't able to find http request for Yahoo).
So I will do 1-st and 2-nd anyway as it will help to understand how the site is performing. However I think that these steps are not helping site for indexing and ranking.
So my questions are:
- Is that correct that adding a site to Google Webmasters Tools and Google Analytics is not helping for indexing and ranking?
- Can I do anything else externaly (I'm not discussing the internal structure of the site - it's a big topic for another question) after submiting sitemap with pings above to improve indexing and ranking?
- Is there a ping for Yahoo available?